Salary: £1170 - £1404 pa
(dependent on experience and attendance at both training & matches)
Closing Date: Tuesday 31st May 2016 12noon
Contact Name: Gareth Smith
Contact Email: G.A.Smith@mmu.ac.uk
MMU Sport aims to maximise student and staff engagement in sporting activity by increase participation and sporting excellence, utilising the World Class Sports facilities available to MMU and as a result contribute to enhancing the student experience and increasing student satisfaction levels.
MMU Sport are currently looking to recruit an experienced Level 2 or above Qualified Netball Coach to work in partnership with them to develop the Netball club (Cheshire Campus), the teams within it and the individual athletes training and competing for MMU. The successful candidate will create a positive, responsive and productive relationship with the club and the Coaching Officer and support the development of the club in training and competition.
Training sessions take place on a Monday evening, in the Exercise and Sport Science Centre at our Cheshire Campus in Crewe. Competitive fixtures take place on Wednesday afternoons and home games will take place at the same venue. The role is for a maximum of 5 hours per week and the successful coach will be expected to be registered/register as Self Employed and hold their own Coaching Insurance policy.
Main Duties of Coaching role:
- Responsible for general coaching practices including session planning, delivery and evaluation
procedures. This includes supporting the Sports Coaching Officer with coaching feedback procedures
and termly meetings/reports.
- Maintain high standards with regards to Equality and Diversity
- Make sure all sessions comply with Health and Safety standards
- Attend BUCS matches
- Assist the club committee members to complete club development planning and work towards their
aims and objectives
- Regularly review club performance and progress
- Assist the club committee on team selection
- Demonstrate understanding of the aims and objectives of MMU Sport and to work in partnership to
help to achieve these
To apply for these positions, please submit a current CV and Covering Letter by email outlining the following:
- Coaching Experience
- Why you are interested in this role
- Availability to Coach on weekday evenings and Wednesday afternoons.
The deadline to apply for this position is Tuesday 31st May 2016 12noon. For further information please contact Gareth Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org.